Author Topic: This years bouquet.  (Read 3570 times)

Offline turtlemike

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/11/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
This years bouquet.
« on: July 31, 2009, 07:29:04 PM »
  I've been trying to find time all year to do this, and I finally did it.
  Yesterday I could have named all of them, but by now I'm sure I would get a few wrong.
  The black spot on the edge is Almost Black.

Offline Lori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/11/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: This years bouquet.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 07:43:29 PM »
Now that's just absolutely spectacular!! Thanks for sharing all that beauty with us.  I'm nearly speechless.  Think I recognize a lot of my favorites.

Lori

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 07:50:54 PM »
Wow!  @O@  To have enough extra blooms to do that with would be fantastic  8-)~ 8-)~
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline LynneNY

• Members
  • With us since: 30/06/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 07:51:50 PM »
OMG - that is absolutely incredible!!!

Offline KatFish

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 20/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 07:57:46 PM »
WOW!  Are those all different flowers?????  That would make an incredible framed picture.  Did it smell awesome or what?

Offline matherfish

• Trade Count: (75)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 08:03:06 PM »
That is incredibly fantastic! Beautiful!

Offline cricket67

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/05/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 08:17:18 PM »
WOW !!!! o(:-) Thats really pretty.... O0

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 09:02:25 PM »
okay now just why did bunnie and I not arrive to our visit with a bouquet like that waiting for us.. hehehe.  That is spectacular mike! 

tink

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 09:24:08 PM »
 lol lol lol @ tink...

WOW WOW & WOW..Beautiful

bonnie

Offline Holldoll

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 09:38:12 PM »
Wow! I can only dream of having that many blooms all at once!

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 09:56:44 PM »
lol bunnie... I can still jsut see them all in the pond cant you

tink

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2009, 09:58:43 PM »
That is amazing.  A rainbow of beauties.

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline mcp

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2009, 10:09:25 PM »
Absolutely incredible!!!  @O@ You are certainly blessed. The forum is lucky to have you. :)
McKean County Pa. zone 5

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2009, 04:16:06 AM »
Wow, that's bee-u-tee-full.  8-)~

You guys are gonna think I am morbid but I went to two funerals in three days this past week.  The first think that popped into my head was "wouldn't that make a wonderful and totally different casket spray".  lol   :'(  lol  :'(

You need to frame that.  o(:-)

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2009, 05:58:51 AM »
How DID you do that?  Are they picked and floating?   That's really beautiful.   o(:-)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2009, 06:26:00 AM »
lol bunnie... I can still jsut see them all in the pond cant you

tink

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D...I sure can !

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2009, 08:59:15 AM »
I was expecting flowers gathered into a vase.  What I saw just put a huge smile spreading across my face!  So MANY of them!!

Offline lorraine1960

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • Live--Love and pond :)
  • With us since: 18/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2009, 09:20:19 AM »
AMAZING  @O@ @O@ @O@  LORRAINE
lorraine

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2009, 11:20:16 AM »
Now that is just plain GORGEOUS!!!  WOWOWOWOWOW!  Looks so perfect!  DW is sure fortunate to have so many blooms at hand.

Offline sooks

• Members
  • With us since: 14/04/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2009, 11:33:25 AM »
WOW... 8-)~ 8-)~ @O@
"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. "  ...Helen Keller

Offline greenthumbnails

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/07/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2009, 02:51:04 PM »
Reminds me of a wedding, like when you make paper flowers out of colored tissue paper and stick them to the car for the newlyweds to drive off in.  A happy occasion.  It does look like they are in a basket floating in the water, but then how do you see the blooms on the bottom of the basket?

My next female cat will be called "Whata Lily"!

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2009, 05:04:24 PM »
Mike, you are despicable. Just rub it in, why don't you. All those blooms while I have to hold my water lilies at gun point to get a bloom out of them. :(
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline KatFish

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 20/05/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2009, 12:35:53 PM »
Better be careful with the gun, your lilies may turn colors you don't want (I'm thinking brown  lol )  Is it too hot, or what?  Why problems getting blooms?

Offline turtlemike

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2009, 11:57:47 AM »
  Hi everybody and thanks for the appreciation.  I'm glad you like it as much as I do.

I'll try to respond to some of your comments.

I have thought about calling a bunch of florist's and letting them know about my collection, and that my flowers could be made available to them for a price.

How I did it was that in the greenhouse I floated a 2 and a half by 2 ft. wide plastic bread tray, like a bread truck delivers bread to the store in and put the flowers in that.  You can see the yellow edge in the pics. 

Later I will name them but right now I don't have time.  I might not be able to ID one or two by now but I can get most of them.  I like to display them like that for you because you can really appreciate the sometimes subtle differences that you might think are just different lighting or exposure or camera.  The colors would be brighter but I was in the double plastic greenhouse under shade cloth and shaded on the top half.

We could have done a bouquet while you were here Tink and Bunnie.  I thought of it but just didn't get to it.  You will just have to come back I guess.

I'll post later and name those plants.

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2009, 12:22:47 PM »
Gorgeous!!

I was thinking the same thing, you have so many blooms available that you should find a way to sell some of them.

I don't know how one keeps the blooms looking good once they are cut though. I've tried cutting them, placing them in water and within a few hours they are shot. ::)
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline frogman3

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/05/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2009, 01:30:54 PM »
Great set up Mike It will be interesting to see the post with all the names attached.
           I have cut mine to bring into the office and they have opened and closed each day and lasted just as many days as they would in the pond if not longer. I did keep them out of direct sunlight though.
Fm3

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2009, 05:39:28 PM »
Better be careful with the gun, your lilies may turn colors you don't want (I'm thinking brown  lol )  Is it too hot, or what?  Why problems getting blooms?

Nope, the problem is that I've had to pull off most of the pads because of damage from the CMM and snails. My alba and Helvola did bloom once and it looked like Chromatella was going to bloom but the bud died before it got to. I've got a hardy next to the potting shed that is blooming but don't know what it is yet. My tropicals, especially the night bloomer, has no problem blooming but I don't pull that many pads off of them.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline water_sprite

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2009, 10:56:35 AM »
Stunning!   o(:-) o(:-) o(:-) o(:-)
Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline tootsie

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Meet Christian, my newest Grandson :)
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2009, 11:24:14 AM »
WOWZER, I agree, those beauties should be in a frame :) I bet if you had them on E-bay there would be a whole lota movin and a shakin going on o(:-)

Offline turtlemike

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2009, 12:46:37 PM »
 OK, the first pic, the names are from top left,  A light pink odorata I call Rose Arey Hybrid, but I don't know what it is for sure. next is Fire Opal , Virginia , my seedling 1,06 , Slightly lower and to the right is Joey Tomocik. Right of that is a mayla seedling I call Black Eyed Mayla , Above and rt. is Splendida , below and rt. is Gladstone, upper rt. hand corner is a plant I call  Orange Pacman .
  The next row, first big yellow I call Center East Test bed contender , rt. of that is texas dawn , below RT. of that is Mayla ,  upper RT. of Texas Dawn  is a plant I call Dallas On Fire  a Dallas seedling I think , RT. of that a seedling I call 1,04 , next is Attraction ,  At least I think it's attraction, I have 2 versions one that is lighter, this is the darker version. next is another " Dallas " seedling I call Flat Top Dallas ,
   Next row , above Almost Black is 3,06 seedling , RT. and below that is One of my seedlings that I can't remember , Next to the RT. and below Mayla Is Sunfire , RT. and below that is a bigger and lighter Sunfire , back up and to the Rt. is that white seedling of mine that Esther I think called Wedding Dress , RT. of that is a plant I have been calling Regann but now I am thinking might be Wucai or an un named seedling that I purchased many times as atraction and other things , RT. of that is  Myra. 
  Next row , Almost Black , below and RT. is Carnea , RT. of that is Fairy Skirt , above RT. is again the bigger lighter Sunfire , next RT. is Clyde Ikins , Next is Purple pink number 2 , Next is a mex cross seedling I call Carnea Pink , RT. and below that is Laydekery Fulgens .
  Next row first on left is a seedling I call 13,06 , next is Peter Slocum , next is another seedling of mine that I cant remember , and last but not least is Pink Grapefruit in the bottom RT. corner.
  I hope you all could follow that.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 12:57:59 PM by turtlemike »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"