Author Topic: Drama Of The Day...  (Read 11498 times)

Offline jw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 22/02/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Drama Of The Day...
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2009, 03:39:56 PM »
I'm REALLY done with the religion.
That was deliberate.
Keep it out of my topics.
Thanks for the jab AGAIN.  ::)

Julles, I agree.

Just wondering, not trying to stir anything up but Joyce do you hate people who are Christians or religious? I just didn't like what I just read from this post. It made my heart start beating very loudly and it upsets me to hear you talk this way. If we have to be done with religion here then you have to be done w/ your type of belief also IMHO. If I get banned for saying this then so be it!

Offline KatFish

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 20/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2009, 03:51:40 PM »
Honestly, I think the whole thing was one of those email mis-understandings.  Perhaps we can all just agree to disagree and move on?  I totally understand there may be offended sensibilities, but, unless I'm wrong, I think both sides called truce and shall let this die, yes?  No matter the religion, orientation, etc, I respect you all, and am quite happy here  o(:-)

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2009, 04:33:59 PM »
Thank you Katfish! :worship: Really! WHY jw did you have to stir the pot.  ::)
See, if I did that, I wouldn't get away with it....I'd get burned at the stake again.  (8:-)

Read the title of this forum...religion and politics are not allowed any more.  8)
I don't intend on breaking the rules ON PURPOSE because I am a decent, peaceful person.

I respect everyone who respects me. It's a 2 way street, regardless of religious orientation.

Now, do what your mama told you and don't come back until you have something NICE to say.   :)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline jw

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2009, 05:43:58 PM »
If Christians can't speak about their beliefs than why can you speak about yours? Yes it is a 2 way street and you sound very bitter towards anything to do with Christians. None of my business why either but you seem to act like you rule the roost everywhere you stomp your feet about anything. You show no forgiveness towards people and you are rude to them. What are you talking about the title of this forum? You mean when you post no one can speak about anything ever that happened in there life regarding religion? You are banning them from your posts? Ok so be it...........I will not post in your posts if that's the way you want it. Take down your pagan goddess sign signature  if I can't speak about my beliefs! If I read anything about you posting anything about your beliefs towards mother earth or pagan goddess stuff in others posts than you will be considered a hypocrite IMHO. I am sorry that it had to come to this but Joyce you really know how to push people's buttons. I really wish there was a way to work this out and call a truce but you are the one who always seems to react to some little tiny remark about anything to do with religion and Christians that anyone brings up. I am tired of just having to keep my mouth shut about your rants. You say you are a decent, peaceful person and maybe you are decent but I see you in no way being peaceful in a lot of the posts that I have read. You bring up things like Christians stealing the fish symbol and even if it was true..........why do you feel the need to bring these trivial things up and throw them in the pot to stir up? Beats me and I guess I will never know.

Offline Johns

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Garden Endeavors
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2009, 06:52:04 PM »
My apologies to Jerry and Sean,  I did not start this, but some comments require response.

jw

Sorry, girl, but you are so wrong in this that there may be no way to persuade you to see the light.  Remember, it was the Christians who burned wiccas at the stake, not the other way around.  Another of the Christians favorite ways to test whether an accused was a witch was to tie them up and toss them in the river.  If they floated, they were a witch, if not, oh, well.  See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch-hunt

Oh, and as for "pushing buttons"  re-read this thread from the top and ascertain who pushed first.

Offline KatFish

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 20/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2009, 07:02:27 PM »
Please, guys, I really do understand that there is a large difference of opinion here.  If religion is out, so be it, but no one will change anyone else's mind about anything.  Everyone has valid viewpoints, but could this be better handled privately?  I'm very sorry if I'm over-stepping my bounds, but this is kind of a stale-mate where no one wins.  Again, I really think this was all a very innocent mistake that went out of hand due to mis-interpretation.  I really don't want to see AP go because of something like this.  Can we just let is go, now that everyone's had their say?   :hug:

Offline Bullfrog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2009, 07:10:50 PM »
Oh, and as for "pushing buttons"  re-read this thread from the top and ascertain who pushed first.

I second that.

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline kitfoxdrvr

• Members
  • Authorized Self Portrait?
  • With us since: 11/03/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2009, 07:53:12 PM »
Almost, just about, a gnats hair away. We nearly made it, but the quicksand got us again...

Offline jw

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2009, 08:34:20 PM »
My apologies to Jerry and Sean,  I did not start this, but some comments require response.

jw

Sorry, girl, but you are so wrong in this that there may be no way to persuade you to see the light.  Remember, it was the Christians who burned wiccas at the stake, not the other way around.  Another of the Christians favorite ways to test whether an accused was a witch was to tie them up and toss them in the river.  If they floated, they were a witch, if not, oh, well.  See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch-hunt

Whatever.................I didn't realize she was a witch and I didn't burn any witches at the stake and neither did anybody else in this time, I didn't steal the fish symbol, the cross or the Christmas tree, so why bring those up? Lots of things happened in history that weren't right but hey man I guess you can't believe that what's done is done and OVER. I just know that Joyce is often not being very nice to people concerning the R word. It doesn't matter to me if she is a pagan or not and I don't see why she has to act so hateful towards the C's. I take offense when my beliefs are ridiculed constantly. Joyce and anyone else can believe anything they want but why be so rude about it? I guess it is true that no R postings are allowed from now on but I think no pagan goddess postings should be allowed either as this is what she preaches and believes strongly in. No mother earth, no goddess etc. If she is allowed to speak of those things then she is being treated special here and that is just not right. I won't post in her posts anymore at all don't worry but if she comments to me I will not just sit and take it.

Offline Joyce

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2009, 06:55:56 AM »
Then remove your religious signature line BF, otherwise you're just another hipocrit.  ::)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2009, 10:14:16 AM »
Thanks for being one of the first to remove the religious tags.
It is noted and appreciated. You too Esther, good going.
one to go....
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2009, 10:30:03 AM »
Thanks for being one of the first to remove the religious tags.
It is noted and appreciated. You too Esther, good going.
one to go....

Done Jerry, I'm glad that is out of the way.

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline Sean

• Tropical Waterlily Guru
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Sean's Ponds & Patio Garden
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2009, 10:30:21 AM »
I have added an ignore feature to the forum, I suggest people here start using it.

As for the people who keep hijacking this and other threads and turning the topic back to Religion, STOP IT!!!!!
You are a guest in Jerry and my Playground, if you can not play nice, get the HELL OUT of here. I am sick and tired of people trying to get the last word about who started it. Stay on topic please and thank you.

Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B
...........Click my Gif's............

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2009, 11:12:58 AM »
LOL, haven't had a religious tag for about two years since Braeden became sick. Still struggling with this restriction though. Haven't said much, but I am.

Offline Johns

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Garden Endeavors
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2009, 01:35:07 PM »
Joyce, I personally would like to hear about any updates on the vandals.

Offline Joyce

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2009, 02:13:36 PM »
Thanks John for your concern, and for bringing the topic back on track.   8)

Our damages are now over $10,000.  ::) 
We found out that the weather station on top of one of the Morton Buildings was used for target practice.
It's one of the high end kind, a Weatherhawk, used officially to report the weather to the local TV stations around here.
That's at least a couple $1000, not including the base unit inside. (which is not damaged)
Mr. Terry who lives at the North end of the nursery, also has about the same damage, if not more.
We are pressing charges because one of the fathers is playing the lying/denial game already. . . ::)
Trying to get us to believe his son was home until 5pm. I am so sick of the 'wasn't me!' and 'I didn't mean it' denial games.
People need to take responsibility for their own actions and not make lame excuses.  {nono}  ::)  :P

Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2009, 04:00:14 PM »
Every Sunday morning on the way to church, we listen to a program on the radio that has a couple, three lawyers discussing different topics. I wasn't listening all that well this morning but somewhere along the line, they were talking about the age of consent, and mentioned the "age of reasoning". They both agreed that 7 was the legal "age of reasoning". I spose it differs too from state to state.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2009, 05:36:48 PM »
I second that Johns!   >:(

I'm waiting on the results.  Hopefully those kids and the liar liar pants on fire parents will pay the price and make sure all is put back to right.  Unfortunately your sanity will be forever marked.

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2009, 05:50:24 PM »
LOL @ Annette. That's an old one for sure. Wonder if the kids of today use that phrase.

Offline Joyce

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2009, 11:34:02 AM »
I always say that. "Liar, liar, pants on fire!'   O0
My friends all know I say that when I catch them BSing me.  lol

So far, not a parent in here.
Nothing.  ::)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2009, 11:52:51 AM »
The cynic side of me wouldn't trust those kids doing community service at the nursery.  I would be concerned one of them might be taking mental notes casing the place, noting the coming and going of employees, things to steal etc.   I believe in redemption.....but still I wouldn't trust them after hearing and seeing what they did.

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Joyce

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2009, 11:54:44 AM »
I'm with you Mikey.  O0
Thought that way from the start.
We do not intend on having the kids here.
We want them cleaning out the kennels at the Animals shelter which is practically across the street from their houses.  8)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2009, 01:33:03 PM »
I'm sorry all this happened, but I'm kinda glad that now other businesses are involved, too (the Morton Building).  That will keep the momentum going, keep the general public angry, and put more people and money into the pool, to press charges and get some fair outcome with these punk kids.

Offline Brian

• Members
  • With us since: 17/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2009, 02:07:15 PM »
Julles,
I believe the 'Morton Building(s) Joyce is referring to is on the nursery property and owned by the nursery.  Morton is just the manufacturer of metal outbuilding/pole barns etc. and I think she is just calling the buildings by their name.
Greenwood, Indiana Zone 5-6
"umop ap!sdn w,I aw dlaH"

Offline Julles

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2009, 02:12:28 PM »
Oh.

Well, then, I think they need some publicty, since it's a pretty dramatic crime, to drum up some public sympathy and support.  I know you can't publish the names of the kids, but they could get a photographer and a reporter out there, and show some of the pics of the truck windows, and then interview some of the workmen who were inside the vehicles as this happened.  The age of the perpetrators and the degree of pre planning are important points, too. 

Offline Joyce

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2009, 04:57:40 AM »
Yep, Morton Buildings refer to the huge metal barns we have here at the Main Offices. We have an 'old' Morton and a 'new' Morton.
Any building you see this symbol on is made by Morton, the M inside a hexagon.
http://www.mortonbuildings.com/

We tried referring to them as barns, but since we already have a lot of real barns,
it caused too much confusion, so we refer to them as the old and the new Morton buildings.
One was built about 10 years ago, one was built about 5 years ago.
They store all the landscaping equipment, and also 18 wheelers loaded with sod for morning deliveries.
The building shelters them from rain which makes the load too heavy for DOT regs,
also keeps it from freezing when we harvest during warms days and freezing nights,
and shaded during hot weather like now, also keeps losers and idiots from stealing it.
Each barn can easily hold four 18 wheelers loaded with sod. If necessary, we can cram 6 trucks per building.
Takes our best drivers, and the building have to be cleared, but it can be done.  8)
Back at our sod maintenance facility about 1.5 miles west, we have 2 more Morton Buildings, also used for the same thing.

As for publicity, there's nothing more the kids want than publicity.
After all, they formed the gang Southside, and this was their way of initiating themselves.
They want notoriety, publicity. They're not gonna get it from us or the press. :no:
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Julles

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2009, 01:27:02 PM »
Joyce, now I'm getting curious about your business.  I had thought it was a landscaping company, but I'm getting the idea that it's much more... Sounds like you grow sod??  Do you grow other plants?  Is the place also a nursery?  And soil - you sell that, too?  Do you make it...meaning, the soil mixes and all that?  Sounds like a pretty big operation.

Offline Joyce

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2009, 01:37:35 PM »
Yes, Julles, we're huge and the oldest sod farm on LI. Been in business over 50 years now.
We're strictly wholesale, with design and installation. No retail at all.
We make our own topsoil. And we grow shrubs and trees in our own nursery.
We do not grow perennials, used to, but too much trouble with theft.
We have our own masonry division too.
The only thing we subcontract out is blacktop pavement and swimming pools.
Sometimes we subcontract out fencing too if it's very specific.
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline MikeW

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2009, 02:19:57 PM »
I have always wondered about sod. One can clearly order as much as one wants - there never seems to be a shortage - yet I had never seen a 'grass farm' anytime in my life. I always wondered where it came from. Is it just simply 100s of acres looking like a golf course?

Cheers,

Mike

Los Angeles California Zone 10

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2009, 03:13:42 PM »
We have several sod farms around Grand Rapids. Yes, acres of green grass. They then come in with a big piece of equipment and skin the top layer off in long strips and roll it up.

We just bought sod to put over where the two septic tanks were replaced last fall. It is very easy to lay. We just leveled the soil (we have sand), moistened it a tiny bit, layed each strip close to the last strip and rolled it to get it nice and tamped down. We wet it again a bit and I sprinkled grass seed along the seams or anywhere I thought it might need some help. We didn't walk on it for a while but didn't need to. We watched it very closely to make sure it didn't even start to go dry and it wasn't long it looked like it had been there forever. It was a little pricey but if you want grass in a hurry, that is the way to go. Oh, and not a weed to be seen.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"