Author Topic: Have you ever seen a ghost or had any type of paranormal experience ?  (Read 4759 times)

Offline fishlipsmcgee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
 Have you ever seen a ghost or had any type of strange or paranormal experience that you coudn't explain?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 07:56:21 AM by fishlipsmcgee »
Shot, beaten, starved, sold for medical research...
No wonder they run so fast.
Save a retired racing greyhound.

The Racing Life...One out of two will have NO LIFE after racing - Adopt a Retired Racing Greyhound

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Have you ever seen
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 06:12:10 PM »
I saw and heard a small girl walking through our house and thought it was Angela, my youngest daughter but when I went back into the living room she was right there. She soon later died. Have you had such an experiece?

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 06:28:55 PM »
There were 5 in our family, two parents and three kids. Shortly after her death I was looking everywhere for answers, everything left a message. I was working as  a medic station at a county fair and I saw some baloons fly off all tied together. I counted them, there were five of them and somehow this told me that somehow forever we would all be tied together. I found some small comfort in that. But as Esther or anyone else who has lost a child can tell you when you suffer a deep loss you do look for comfort wherever you can find it and find it in surprising places. Forgive me if I speak wrong, I'm on pain killers for my knee but this "hit a nerve." so to speak.

I was there when she died and it marked my soul. I went to all of the experts but it was a simple mother who had walked in my shoes who rang a bell. She asked me and I ask Esther.. "Even if you knew how much it would hurt and how painfull the end would be, would you go back and do it all over again just to have known her and felt her love?"

My answer was an immediate "Yes." Again, forgive me for digressing but when an idea hits me I do speak. I'd love to hear of anyone else has had a paranormal experience. Hydrocodone does strange things to your mind, forgive me.

Offline KatFish

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 20/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 07:26:09 PM »
Yup, I see / experience odd things quite often.  Though it's slowed lately... wonder if it has to do with my aging?  :thinking:

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 07:30:12 PM »
I have to laugh because I am jealous that BF has an excuse and I don't...

My bed is opposite the bedroom door at the end of a hallway. My X was right in line with the hallway. I was next to him and saw him swing his arm out and then roll out of bed. Turns out that he saw "something" come quickly down the hall and he was ducking out of the way. We tried to figure out what it could have been like, where the windows positioned so that headlights could have sent a shaft of light down the hall. He spent the night on the couch and we never did figure out any reason for that light or whatever it was. Later our neighbors told us that the previous woman who had lived here held séances and messed with weegee/wiji/weejee/wigi (how do you spell that, spellcheck doesn't know) boards all the time. We've been divorced 27 years and I have lived here a total of 38 years and never experienced anything again.

As to your other question. I wasn't involved enough in Braeden's life and the fight for his health to be able to answer your question. But Kevin my son said that to me that he would go through it all over again just to be with Braeden for a while. Um, guess I didn't understand why he would say that but never really questoned it as people deal with things differently. 

People rationalize stuff at times just to have things that don't make sense, make sense, I think. It makes it easier to deal with if we can see a reason. I must say that I have questioned many many times the reason for Braeden's suffering and I have been through some crumby stuff down through the years. X husband had cancer and then he left our family about a year later. . Had a baby born with Spina Bifida and she died at 6 months. Mother died of a stroke a few years back and then my dad run over with the truck. Nothing made me ask,  "Why?" so many times and with such agony. But nothing has given me more peace than being able to ask the question and rest knowing Braeden would be healed, no matter which way the question was answered.

Offline fishlipsmcgee

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Have you ever seen a ghost or had any type of paranormal experience ?
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 07:59:29 AM »
Would love to hear about some of your experiences Katfish if you'd like to share.

The Racing Life...One out of two will have NO LIFE after racing - Adopt a Retired Racing Greyhound

Offline kitfoxdrvr

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • Authorized Self Portrait?
  • With us since: 11/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 09:21:35 AM »
Everyone here is bringing back memories of my childhood. Stop it!!!  Kidding, of course!

When I was growing up, the neighborhood where I lived was built on a huge plantation, and the main plantation house was still a residence. It was occupied by a very nice older couple. It was certainly old, creepy and creeky, and all the neighborhood kids insisted it was haunted. Well, the couple loved to travel, and they liked to have someone house sit for them while they were gone. For some reason, they always had trouble getting someone to do it for them!

My brother did it for them once, and the money was good-5 bucks per night just to sleep there. He never did it again. I already had a job working on the golf course, so I was the last one they thought to ask, but when it got down to scraping the bottom of the barrel' they asked me.

Well, it was exciting. The house creaked all night, and noises I could not identify came out of the attic all night. Kind of like you would expect on a windy night, but no wind. But worst, the toilets would flush on their own. Not just one of them, but at least two. Several times a night. That first night, I was too scared to pull my head out from under the covers, much less make an escape out from a third floor bedroom. It was a long night.

My friends were impressed when I went back that night, and the rest of the week that the owners were gone, and I enjoyed the limited fame my bravery brought. But 3:00 in the morning on those nights, bravery was not what I was feeling!

I got to "get the easy money" for a few years before I went away to college, and finally got to where I would get some sleep there. I never saw anything, and the stubborn youth I was, I never talked tob the couple about it. They both passed away while I was in school, so I never got to.

I would still love to own that house...maybe one day yet!

Steve

Offline KatFish

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 12:34:16 PM »
I'll be happy to share, tho like Bullfrog I'm doped up on Hydrocodone so I'm a little ...duh..... right now.  For now I'll try to go over the basics... In my mom's old house I used to see an old woman in the sunroom a lot.  She'd pace around - pretty sad presence.  Turned out she was a former owner's mother who died there.  Streetlights go out over my head ALL the time.  I know who's calling 90% of the time before I pick up - something about a different tone to the ring.  I dream about things before the happen a lot.  That's come in handy more than once.  Sorry so short for now - having trouble cooncentrating right now  ;) More late if you're interested.

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 02:16:36 PM »
We had an older couple in our small town. His health was deteriorating with COPD, a slow and painfull way to go. As he got worse the calls became more frquent but they always insisted that we run with no lights or siren, they didn't want to disturb the neighbors. He never once complained even when I knew he was in intense pain. After a while we got to know them and they got to know us well.

Once, out of the hearing of her husband she told me "He won't be coming back this time." I told her not to think like that and she insisted..

"No, I heard them walking through the house last night, they were looking for him." They lived alone. I have to say a cold chill ran down my spine but she was right, he did not return from the hospital that time.

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 02:18:04 PM »
I'll be happy to share, tho like Bullfrog I'm doped up on Hydrocodone so I'm a little ...duh..... right now. 

When I feel like that I simply eat another one.  :D Why are you on codiene if it's not too personal, are you OK?

Offline HOWELL

• Members
  • With us since: 15/06/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 02:55:26 PM »
I'll be happy to share, tho like Bullfrog I'm doped up on Hydrocodone so I'm a little ...duh..... right now.  For now I'll try to go over the basics... In my mom's old house I used to see an old woman in the sunroom a lot.  She'd pace around - pretty sad presence.  Turned out she was a former owner's mother who died there.  Streetlights go out over my head ALL the time.  I know who's calling 90% of the time before I pick up - something about a different tone to the ring.  I dream about things before the happen a lot.  That's come in handy more than once.  Sorry so short for now - having trouble cooncentrating right now  ;) More late if you're interested.
I do that too, and even sometimes know when the phone is about to ring or even someone knockin out the door..
Of course we would love to hear or I can even chat with ya later about some super strange things going on with me..
Scott I'll miss you buddy... :(

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 03:14:41 PM »
My house is about 109 years old. Thank God I have neve seen or heard anything. I know a man died upstairs. My daughter used to live upstairs and she used the weigi board and was in the occult. She said there was a demon in the closet. I said if there is you brought it here. My other daughter got spooked when she lived there the radio would come on all by itself. As for myself. I never have seen anything. And prayed to keep upstairs, what is upstairs.

Another weird thing is my Dad died Jan 9th of this year. And after his death mom was seeing a robin looking in the window at her all the time. I said "It might be Dad checking to see if you are allright". Finally it went away after a few weeks.

Offline KatFish

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 03:47:43 PM »
Oh, BF- I've got a couple ruptured discs, arthritis and spinal stinosis in a couple areas of my back.  My doc says my spine is like a 60 year olds'!  I'm thirty-one.  It's getting better, but I'm still in loads of pain.  I had another epidural today and this set of shots HURT today  :'(  I try to limit my intake, but some days you just have to take them to function.  At least I've stepped down from some harder ones  O0 

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2009, 04:34:41 PM »
Kat my wife is in the same shape with arthritis. She has to have injections in her neck between the verterbrae and is also in a degree of constant pain. My knee was more swollen this morning than it has ever been. I'm getting cabin fever so I have been painting my model pirate ship. Warships of that day painted the deck red so the blood would not unnerve the men and I'm working on the deck now. I'm patiently waiting for Julles to get some free time so she can help me with the story I'm writing about pirates.

Oh wait... we were talking about ghosts, weren't we? Next please.

Offline Holldoll

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2009, 05:46:04 PM »
We live in a house where the woman died here and there have been a couple of experiences, not where we've seen her, but while we were doing constructions some pretty crazy stuff happened.

The night before my father died, my mother was in the hospital with him, he was lying there peacefully (not asleep, just resting, he was very lucid, not in any kind of coma or pain medication), he said to my mom, who are all the people in the room?  My mom said, there was no one else there. He said, there are about 10 people in here taking my hands, I can feel them. My mom didn't understand what he was saying. He died the next morning. I'm convinced it was his family coming to take him home. 

My grandmother had a similar experience when my grandfather died.  She was asleep in her recliner (where she would often fall asleep while watching t.v.) and my grandfather went to take a shower.  While he was in the shower she saw his mother come, she looked like she did when she was a little girl, take my grandfather's hand, they blew a kiss to my grandmother and turned and walked away.  *I'm getting goosebumps as I type this*.  My grandmother woke up and went to check on my grandfather (no reason to, my grandpa was very healthy) and he was lying in the shower dead.  He died of an anuerism (I don't know how to spell that). 

Offline Johns

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Garden Endeavors
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2009, 06:28:34 PM »
Ya'll know about Deja Vue, but do you know about Vueja De?  The strange feeling that none of this has ever happened before....

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2009, 07:17:06 PM »
 lol That's me John...does that also count for when you walk into a room and can't remember why?  ?)(?

Back on topic, once again....
Ghosts. I've had my share. All good experiences, they like me.  :D

The scariest 'good experience' was when I had gone shopping for Jamies BD and had bags of goodies, coming in the back door. Maybe 5 years ago, before cancer, when we lived in the old farmhouse. I expected her to be in bed when I got home, but as I was creeping through the kitchen with my goodie bags, I heard her playing upstairs, and she called, 'Mommy is that you?". I said, 'Yup!' while spinning around to go the opposite way. Bill had fallen asleep on the couch. So I quickly turned around, went to the top of the basement stairs which were the old farmhouse type, very short treads, very steep, and started down with my bags to hide them before Jamie saw them. I was wearing a long winter coat, my heel got caught on the hem, and down I went like a tumbling windmill. I remember seeing the cement block wall foundation at the bottom of the stairs rushing at me. I was thinking, this is gonna hurt! Then I remembered that some of the gifts were breakable, and started to windmill some more....felt my shin get gashed on a step, my shoulder bash into the step...whacked my head good, and just when I thought I'd kiss the wall real hard, something caught me, felt JUST like a pair of arms. Then I was plopped onto the bottom step. My head spun from stopping so quickly, and I looked up and around expecting to see Bill. Nope, nothing. Then I heard a mans deep voice, gruffly say...'Take your coat off next time, you fool!' real close, right inside my head, not in my ears. It was sooooo shocking I just sat there in a lump on the bottom step, jaw open, eyes popping. Then I heard Jamie calling me again. I started shaking, couldn't breath. Jamie yelled again...then came to the top of the cellar stairs and asked if I were OK. At this point Bill had waken up from Jamie yelling to me. I told him I fell down the stairs and was hurt. He came and got me up, but first I made him ditch the goodie bags in the canning cellar. He helped me up the steps, helped put bandaids on my gashes, checked me over, and we both decided I has gonna live. We put Jamie to bed once she was sure I was OK, lots of hugs and kisses. Bill was concerned about my color, and his exact words were...'You look like you've seen a ghost! Why are you so pale, is anything hurting inside?' I hadn't told him what happened yet, so I did. He kind of shrugged it off, saying I was pale because I scared myself falling. I said, 'Whatever!' Then I limped back down the stairs to stash the goodie bags better. I said out loud, 'Thank You!' I heard a 'Hmpphhh' like someone was exasperated. I spun around, no one was there. I said, 'I meant it...and I'll take my coat off next time I come down the stairs!' No answer. So I started putting the goodie bags back behind stuff on the upper shelves of the canning cellar. Heard someone on the stairs, figured it was Bill checking on me. Finally finished hiding the loot, turned around, and Bill is half way down the stairs, looking spooked  :o to say the least. 'What's the matter?' I said. 'Who was just coming up the stairs? I thought it was you but you're still in the canning cellar!' I said, 'I heard the same thing...That must've been my ghost!'   :-)~

Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2009, 09:16:43 PM »
 :o  A very good friend of mine died in her home a couple of years ago.  She had lung cancer.

Last year a family moved to town and bought her house not knowing anything about her dying there.

The lady came to work with me at the school.  One morning she told that her son was sleeping on the couch and a ghost covered him up during the night.  She discribed her and what she was wearing.  It was my friends favorite robe.  She was even wearing her old down vest which she did during the winter.  She slept on the couch a lot with the pups.

I've never seen a ghost or spirit...but I do believe others have.

Offline greenthumbnails

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/07/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2009, 11:10:08 PM »
This is a rather creepy topic, I am very squeamish about the supernatural and paranormal.  DH often dreams about the future..creepy...it is so far ahead that it doesn't make sense to him at the time.  He dreamed of me painting a picture 15 yrs or more before he ever met me (and I do paint) and somehow "knew" that this person he was dreaming of was his girlfriend/wife.  He had forgotten the dream until a few years ago when he then told me about it.  He has also dreamed of his death...creepy...he knows exactly at what age and how he will pass.  Makes me sad - apparently I am not there when it happens, and he is all alone  :'( ...makes me want to ask where the heck was I?  Like I said...creepy... I don't ask him too much about his dreams, and have said that if he ever dreams anything bad that involves me to please not tell me about it.  I don't want to know too much.   :-\

He also says that a few days after our beloved first cat died (like our first child at heart) he was out raking the leaves near where we buried him in the backyard, he thought he saw him come out of the bushes and sit there watching him rake and just looked up at DH with his usual sweet expresssion, and then he was gone.  DH cried and came back in.  It will be a year in November...

« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 11:18:58 PM by greenthumbnails »
My next female cat will be called "Whata Lily"!

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2009, 07:09:01 AM »
Just a few weeks ago I came into the bedroom and there on top of my pillows was our little Bo fellow (our chihuahua)lying there all curled up on them just like he used to do before he died in March....it was only for a moment and then he was gone....
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline fishlipsmcgee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2009, 12:45:37 PM »
Great stories!

Like Esther, I once awoke in the middle of the night and saw something that looked like a person standing next to my bed.  There was a window next to my bed so at first I thought it was the light coming in the window, however, the more I looked and studied that didn't make sense.  The window faced the back and it couldn't have been headlights of a passing car or street lights.  I thought maybe the moonlight at first. I was looking for quite a while trying to figure out what I was seeing.  I even sat up in bed and was leaning forward trying to figure out what it was and then I realized it was a man wearing a bowler type hat and a dark suit but from the early 1900's late 1800's maybe?  The "man" just stood motionless with his arms at his sides but his head was tilted down slightly looking at me, but I didn't feel threatened.  When I finally realized OMG!!!!!  There is something in my room I just closed my eyes and reached for the lamp on the opposite side of the bed all the while saying "Go away!  Go away!"   When I finally mustered up the courage to look again with the light on there was nothing there.  Everyone that I told about my experience tried to tell me that I was dreaming, but I was looking at it and squinting in the dark for several minutes and was even sitting up.  I had no sense of waking up after and I was awake for the rest of the night.  I know I was not dreaming.  I slept with my light on for several months after that.

Holldoll, I remember hearing about a similar sort of thing from my grandmother the night my grandfather died.  He was not on any kind of medication that would cause him to hallucinate.  He sat up in bed and was looking across the room and was talking to his brother (deceased) that he was very close to.  (There were 11 boys in the family)  He died a short time later.  I was 12 at the time so I don't remember any details, just that he sat up and was looking at something and called his brother's name like he was glad to see him.  My grandmother never saw anything, she just witnessed my grandfather talking to his brother.

Probably one of the strangest experiences that I can't explain happened while I was working briefly at a restaurant while I was laid off from my regular job in 2006.  We had been dining there for about 10 years previously.  This restaurant used to be a hotel and was built in the 1890s.  It is said to be haunted and has had investigations by "Paranormal Investigators" who all have believed it to be one of the most haunted places in Michigan.  One of the more amazing "coincidences" is the fact that the hotel caught fire exactly 65 years apart to the day and the hour AND both fires were put out the same time of the day.  This can be confirmed by newspaper articles from 1913 and 1978.  Most everyone who works there has had some sort of experience but no one really talks about it unless asked and doesn't really dwell on it.  What I'm saying is that no one ever really looks for anything to happen or looks for ghosts.

One of the experiences that I had happened one afternoon while I was working tea.  There was a group of 4 ladies who wanted to sit in the bar because they just wanted a bottle of champagne to celebrate one of their birthdays.  They were the only ones seated in that room.  There is a long hallway that runs perpendicular to the bar and leads to another dining room on the opposite side of the building.  I noticed that when I would go down that hallway I would smell the most beautiful perfume.  I kept mentioning to the other girl that I was working with "gee, I wish I know what perfume that lady was wearing, it smells SO good" and I would breath deeply all the way down the hallway.  The other waitress said that she couldn't smell a thing because she getting over some sinus thing.  I just assumed it was one of the ladies in the bar because the scent got stronger and was very overpowering by the time I got close to the bar area.  The other waitress was taking care of them so I never went into the bar but I could see them through the pass through at the waitress service end of the bar.  Later in the afternoon one of the ladies asked me if I would take a picture of them.  I said "sure" and went into the bar and was maybe a couple feet from them while I took the picture.  I continued on with my work forgetting about the perfume and went home at the end of my shift.  Later that night a thought hit me like a brick...how could it have been one of those ladies perfume when I was right next to them and didn't smell a thing and I greeted them in the lobby when they arrived and didn't smell anything?  The smell was so strong in the hallway outside of the bar I was thinking one of the ladies must have taken a bath in the perfume and I even began smelling it when I was about 20 feet or so down the hallway.  I thought maybe it was the holiday candles that were burning on the bar that afternoon that I smelled.  The next day I checked the candles and they were not scented candles.  One day I happened to check out an area of their website that talks about the ghosts and they mentioned that some smell a flowery perfume.  I nearly fell off my chair!  I have no explanation for what I smelled and I never smelled it again.   I never saw anything there although other employees have and I remember one employee's young son asked her who the man on the stairs was and there was no one there.  I did have a few other experiences there both during my brief period of employment but the perfume I still can't explain away as being from any source that I can think of.

Oh, one more quick story about the place.  Back when Bush #1 was campaigning and doing a whistle stop tour, this is one of the places he dined at as it is right next to the railroad tracks.  The secret service came through the day before to sweep the building and stayed there over night to make sure it was secured.  The next morning they asked the owner a lot of questions because they kept hearing people and a piano playing upstairs but they never saw anyone when they went up to investigate.

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2009, 01:01:08 PM »
Certainly. :)

The one that sticks in my mind the most is from when I was a child. My mother's father had died about 3 years before I was born. His death was very difficult for her and she put away all pictures, etc. that she had of him. I had only ever heard her mention him but had never seen a picture of him.
My mother's sister and her husband had paid a visit and had brought me a hand-caned rocking chair for my birthday. My uncle had hand-caned the chair and I still have it in my living room today. Anyway, as a child of maybe 6 or so I wasn't impressed at the time but my mother placed the chair next to the foot of my bed. One night shortly after she put the chair there I woke up in the middle of the night. I turned over and saw an older man that I didn't know sitting in the rocking chair. I froze in fear. I could clearly see that he was wearing a white long sleeve shirt, pants with suspenders and he was smoking a pipe and slightly rocking in the chair. I remembered thinking that maybe my parents were gone for some reason and they had called someone to watch me. I got the nerve to sit up in bed and when I did the man faded away. The next morning I asked my mom who the man in my room was last night. My mother quizzed me a bit but then dismissed it as a dream. I was troubled though because what I saw was very real to me. So, fast forward a few months or so...........I'm playing in my room and my mother is in the living room going through a box of old photos. I came out to see what she was doing and I stood there looking at all the pictures and I spotted one on the table. I picked it up, looked at it and handed it to her and said  "mom, this is the man that was sitting in my rocker in my room that night."  My poor mother turned sheet white and was completely speechless.
She told me that this was my grandfather and it couldn't have been him because he had passed away. I looked at the picture again and said "nope, that's the man."
It struck her that I had described him to her perfectly right down to the pipe when I told her about the man in my rocking chair a few months earlier. She completely freaked out, started crying and called her sister to tell her about it.

We had other "encounters" when we lived in our house up in the mountains. It was a big old farm house that had quite a bit of history behind it. Lots of stories to tell about it. ;)
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline Oceanbum

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2009, 07:32:39 PM »
My Grandpa died in 1988. He had cancer and the last few days he kept talking to people who weren't there. He would say "You guys keep slipping away." My Grandma thought it was his relatives coming to take him home.

My own ghostly encounter happened when I was 12. I was at my other grandparents house. I was going up the stairs to an attic bedroom with my cousin. I was in the front. As I neared the top of the stairs you could look across the room into the attic bedroom. I looked into the room and I saw a woman standing there. She was dressed in what I would consider a Victorian style dress. The high white collar, cameo pin, long layered bustled up skirt, hair in a bun. She was looking out the window with her hands crossed in front of her. She turned and looked at me and disappeared.  :o  I turned and said to my cousin "Did you see that?" She was behind me and couldn't see into the room because she was still below the floor line so she didn't see it. I told her what I had seen and since we were 12 and 10 we screamed and ran out of the attic!! My brother lives there now and to this day that attic still creeps me out!!! I had to take something up there for my niece not too long ago and I went up the stairs and all those memories came rushing back. I threw whatever it was on the bed and ran back down the stairs!!!! Sad to still be scared of the attic 30 years later, isn't it?!  ::)
Becky

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2009, 12:04:43 PM »
We used to have the footsteps in our house in the mountains. It was not uncommon to be downstairs in the living room and hear someone walking
across the bedroom floor above, yet everyone would be present and accounted for on the main floor.

Sometimes the dining room light would come on by itself.

Our one dog used to see someone or something. She would get all excited and act like
she does when she sees someone she knows. It was weird to see her have some sort of
dialogue with some invisible someone. :o

Sometimes when we would come home from work or if we would be gone all day on the weekend we would come home to
all the kitchen cupboard doors and drawers standing wide open. Nothing missing, nothing dumped out, just all the doors and drawers standing wide open. ::)

Our one neighbor would sometimes ask us if we had company. We would say "no" and he would say "the other day when I drove my
I saw an older woman standing in the window of the upstairs bedroom so I thought maybe you had company." That happened about three
different times.
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline jw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 22/02/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2009, 12:13:35 PM »
All this stuff is too spooky for me................I remember being scared as a little kid and crawling under the covers and hiding from strange things that I thought I saw or heard.........now I'm gonna be doing it again  :o. That's ok tho I think I'm starting to like it  ::).

Offline Pa Nancy

• Members
  • With us since: 13/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2009, 02:22:06 PM »
I don't know if you would call my story paranormal or just a plain coincidence.

My dad died when my kids were young,they were about 7 and 5 years old. I lived close to my parents house, so we would all get in the car and go visit every week or so. If my dad was home he would give each girl  a dollar bill.

Well a few days after he was buried I went to the cemetary to check things out and took the girls with me. His grave was fairly close to the road running thru the cemetary. I parked the car maybe 10 yds. from his grave. We all got out of the car, I looked down on the pavement and there laying was 2 one dollar bills. Sent shivers up my spine.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 02:28:00 PM by Pa Nancy »

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2009, 03:01:15 PM »
I have very good intuition, and I'm working harder on learning when to hear it and when to trust it.  One reason I'm reading that Practical Intuition book.  When I worked in the funeral home and had to be on call at night, I could predict if we would get any calls that night, what time they would come in (which told me if I could go to bed that night, or if I should leave my suit on and stay up 'til the phone rang), the age of the person who died, and if it was a nursing home, hospital, or other location.

And I have experienced so many odd coincidences that I stopped thinking of them as odd or unusual.  Not that I can remember any to tell you about right now, but there are LOTS and they are WEIRD and unexpected. 

In fact, I've had so many coincidences in my life, and bad things happen followed by bouts of grace and good fortune, that I named my two new cats Fortune and Coincidence. 

If I recall any of my stories of the paranormal or coincidences, I'll pop back and relate them.

Offline lorraine1960

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • Live--Love and pond :)
  • With us since: 18/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2009, 03:10:31 PM »
i was 13 yrs old and my moms neighbor gave me an antique necklace she bought from an antique shop,the moment the necklace was put on my neck thats the last thing i remember for 3 days.mom said i slept for 3 days,and my grandmother was here from virginia visiting so she slept with me,she said i got on my hands and knees on the bed and acted like i was getting off the bed at the bottom then turned to get off on the side still on my hands and knees now,then she said she ask me if i was o.k. and i turned to her straight faced and said i have a bad temper and turned away...she said it scared the crap out of her,she said there was no color in my face...then my mom the next day took the necklace off of me and color immediately came back to my face,my dad was trying to smash it with a hammer and he said it wouldn't smash no matter how hard he hit it so he took it to the trashcan and threw it away...weird i know...also when my husband passed away he used to come up behind me and kiss me on the cheek and one night i woke up suddenly and felt like i was just kissed on the cheek,it was very very real,i also felt him spooning me on the loveseat the night he died and i was so at peace ....i heard that when you are distressed or sad someone on the otherside  will put a coin somewhere for you to fine it,now i know alot of us have found coins suddenly appear on the ground.i was on my front porch looking out at the road and i heard a coin thrown on one of my steps and it startled me,i said Kristofer(my son) thats not funny and when i turned around noone was there,i slowly walked to the steps and a nickel was on the second step.my stomache did a flip flop and i said thank you baby.....(my hubby)lorraine
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 03:21:02 PM by lorraine1960 »
lorraine

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2009, 06:01:10 PM »
Once I woke up and looked. I had a silver screw in my bellybutton. I stood up and looked at it and felt it. On the nightstand was a golden screwdriver. I placed the screwdriver into the scew and began to back it off. I continued to back it off slowley and then my butt fell off. I woke up terrified.

Just kidding, I love this thread, carry on.

Offline fishlipsmcgee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2009, 06:42:57 PM »
I wish I'd wake up with silver in my bellybutton.  Cha ching $$$ 

Very funny Bullfrog

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"