Author Topic: Woodstock  (Read 6468 times)

Offline Bullfrog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Woodstock
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2009, 05:35:19 PM »
Howell, understand that I'm not trying to glamorize drugs, I just have a lot of experience with them having grown up in that generation and tasted them all. I am also not trying to inform or encourage any young people to do drugs. Everything that I have said is just my true life experience and this information and a lot more can be found on the internet. Many of my classmates died very young from drugs and I am fortunate that I wasn't one of them as I was a very heavy user at the time. I did loose 18 months of my young life behind bars and a lot of friends due to drugs.

Looking back I think it made me better able to understand why people do drugs and to understand how hard it is to stop doing them. I also know the truth, "hippies" did not stink, they just had long hair. Girls have long hair and they don't stink. Think about it, no baby is born growing up shoving a needle into their arm. This is a behavior that takes a long progression and some people are just not able to control themselve's and die from it.

In my generation people shared drugs and the drugs thatwe did generally made you mellow. Crack turned the drug scene on it's head. Crack is a very intense, flash in the pan high that leaves the user immediately wanting another rock. As they continue to use it, they will steal from their own mother to get another rock, rob, steal and sell their own body just to get more. I am fortunate to have lived through those tumultous years but do understand how people can get caught up in it.

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2009, 06:03:10 PM »
I have and still do, lead a very boring life. I'm very thankful that I have not been exposed to any of this stuff you're talking about. I wouldn't know what any of that stuff looks, tastes, or smells like.

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2009, 07:21:13 PM »
I have and still do, lead a very boring life. I'm very thankful that I have not been exposed to any of this stuff you're talking about. I wouldn't know what any of that stuff looks, tastes, or smells like.

Esther, I look at you like glue, like gravity. A natural person that has a really good grip on life and reality. Like JW has said, when I read your thoughts, my heart slows down and my mind relaxes. To me you smell like honeysuckle and look like fireflies and moonlight. Something really natural and comfortable like a slipper that fits really well on my foot. A constant voice of reason and an anchor in a storm. A cleft in the rock of ages if I may say. Never think that you are boring. you are as constant as the northern star and I never have to guess where you are coming from or where you will go.

I have met many good people on this forum. You, Mike, Blind Too, Julles, JW, Desertponder, LuAnn and Jerry just to name a few. But if a problem weighed on my heart I would ask you for the answer. Never underestimate yourself and the uncomplicated youth that you lived and the wisdom that you bring here.

Offline HOWELL

• Members
  • With us since: 15/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2009, 10:49:53 PM »
Yep I understand that esther....
Some friends of mine do drugs dayly may say...I have been exposed to that stuff but not really into that...even though I am a really sensitive person and a lot of things bring me down and even that I have been broke down too may times I still do not give it up to them...I am the kinds of person that thinks people should face reality all the time..
I'm not saying this to you bullfrog that is just how it think..
BTW bullfrog experience says it all..and I truly love to hear all the things you have to tell..wisdom is not the same as knowledge and I appeciate more a wise person than one with lots of knowledge..

And esther you are one of the persons I truly will love to meet......I even had that in my myspace page in the part where you put who would you like to meet....
Scott I'll miss you buddy... :(

Offline Esther

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2009, 06:19:27 AM »
 :o Well, I am, who I am because of the parents I was given, I would think. They pointed out a path of life to me governed by the examples that were set for me by family and others. I have been surrounded by a supportive strong influence all my life that provided definite and strong "fences" and never had the courage or stupidity to breach those fences. Yes, I have been given some rough experiences on this journey but in the end have realized how blessed I am to have seen these things and come out of it still recognizing how little control I have of my life and where that control lies. Mostly it's been, "One foot in front of the other" and "Do what's right." I joke that those phrases will be put on my headstone.

Oddly, the very thing you guys seem to think of me is the very thing that seems to separate me from people in real life. Maybe I'm too outspoken and people aren't comfortable around that. I have trouble verbally powder coating what I see. But still because I realize that, I do try to "say it the way I see it" but try in a way to make it more palatable. 

First, I am an "only child" brought up in the country on a farm. Grandpa and Grandma and 4 uncles lived across the street. I never "got away" with anything, well hardly anything. There was the time I fell from a beam in the barn and landed on top of the combine and put a big dent in it. Don't ask me what I was doing up on that beam.  Luckily I wasn't hurt and it didn't cause the combine to not function and I don't think they ever noticed it because it was on the very top.

My huge bedroom upstairs didn't have any closets. Farm houses weren't always very well designed.  Somewhere along the line my uncle built closets all along the full width of the room. There was a shelf closet on each side and a 6'  clothes closet in the center. On the wall inside the clothes closet was a light fixture sticking out about 5' up. I had a bed lamp on the head of my bed and would read until well into the night. A county "Bookmobile" came to our country school once a week in the summer. I would get the 4 books allowed each child and then lie and say my mother wanted me to get 4 for her. So I'd take them all home and read all 8. Mother did love to  read when she had a chance but mostly it was me that read them.

One night Grandma wasn't feeling well and got up to use the bathroom. She looked across the street and saw my bed lamp on. The next day she asked my mother if I had been sick in the night. "UM, Nope." Mother put two and two together and removed the bed lamp. Soooo, I took a light bulb out of the storage room, a blanket from the linen closet, carried them upstairs into the closet and installed the light bulb in the wall fixture and the blanket on the floor. And there I continued to read well into the night, nestled on my blanket with the closet doors closed. I don't think they ever found out about that one.

Well, enough about me. Again I'm somewhat puzzled at what you see in me and am grateful it's not worse. LOL.

Funny Howell, I told my son the other day the same thing about you.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 06:47:40 AM by Esther »

Offline HOWELL

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2009, 06:25:56 AM »
Two minds thinking the same....how odd hahahaa...not really just one non infinite world...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 07:04:56 AM by HOWELL »

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2009, 06:33:30 AM »
Remember the "Where ya from?" thread? I enjoyed hearing about your childhood Esther. Growing up on a farm may sound boring to some but it was a wonderful place to grow up from the way that you described it. We learned a lot about each other on that thread. I believe Mike was the one who slept under some oleander bushes and picked dandilions to eat at one time, if I'm not mistaken.

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2009, 07:09:15 AM »
Esther, we're a LOT alike!  O0
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2009, 10:31:42 AM »
Hey Howell, here's a shot of me back in the day. You can't see the hair because it's in a pony tail but you can see the big "Lamb Chops" sideburns.

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2009, 11:08:25 AM »
Hey Mikey I remember that song "Timothy Leary's dead.............no, no, no he's outside looking in" .....................ah the 60's a time of revolution, war, peace, love, drugs etc.
When I was 18 I left home and grew a pot plant from seed and it was a very pretty plant growing in my bedroom window. My mom came over once to visit and saw that lovely plant and said "oh my that is so beautiful, can you grow one for me"? I said er ah ok..............and I did and gave her the lovely plant which she placed in her home on a table for all to see. She went to one of those fairs where they have those booths that tell about what to look out for on drugs and there lo and behold was an exact replica of her lovely plant that I gave her. All I can say is it's a good thing I no longer lived at home  @O@

Thats hilarious JW, I'd have loved to see the look on Mom's face when she found out that she was growing marijuana.

Offline Freddie Peepers

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/09/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2009, 11:25:58 AM »
Hey Mikey I remember that song "Timothy Leary's dead.............no, no, no he's outside looking in" .....................ah the 60's a time of revolution, war, peace, love, drugs etc.
When I was 18 I left home and grew a pot plant from seed and it was a very pretty plant growing in my bedroom window. My mom came over once to visit and saw that lovely plant and said "oh my that is so beautiful, can you grow one for me"? I said er ah ok..............and I did and gave her the lovely plant which she placed in her home on a table for all to see. She went to one of those fairs where they have those booths that tell about what to look out for on drugs and there lo and behold was an exact replica of her lovely plant that I gave her. All I can say is it's a good thing I no longer lived at home  @O@

Thats hilarious JW, I'd have loved to see the look on Mom's face when she found out that she was growing marijuana.

I want to know if she lit up {:-P;;
You can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Offline fishlipsmcgee

• Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2009, 11:56:40 AM »
Don't forget the music guys.  http://www.woodstock69.com/Woodstock_songs.htm

Found these videos on Youtube  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYKY2lpxMg8

Howell there is a soundtrack and a movie also.  Don't know if it's on DVD  The movie should answer all your questions    ;) 
You might enjoy it  I think I remember you said that you liked Hendrix
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 12:00:09 PM by fishlipsmcgee »
Shot, beaten, starved, sold for medical research...
No wonder they run so fast.
Save a retired racing greyhound.

The Racing Life...One out of two will have NO LIFE after racing - Adopt a Retired Racing Greyhound

Offline Joyce

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2009, 11:58:15 AM »
I love Hendrix.  o(:-)
That's why I named my daughter Jamie.  8)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2009, 07:22:40 PM »
FreddiePeepers, from one old deadhead to another, I have a story that you might can relate to. I had some weed that was so strong you could only take three hits if you were at work. Any more than that and you were so zoned you got really paranoid. My job at the time was replacing the fly killer in those spray systems in restaurants. They sit up on the wall and spray a burst of fly killer every 30 minutes.

My next stop was the Great American Cookie Company in a local mall. It was raining and there was a wreck on the freeway, the traffic was stopped. I lit up and counted the hits. When I got to three the traffic was still stopped and I thought “Felipe, you have been smoking this stuff for 16 years, you can handle more than 3 hits.

Black Sabbath was rocking the radio and the rain landed in rhythm with large wet splats only to be wiped off of the windshield with the wipers keeping time to the beat. Before I knew it, I had smoked the whole thing and was now very STONED.  The traffic picked up and before I knew it I was at the mall and had to go in. You know the feeling, everyone knows that you are stoned, or so you think.

I really didn’t want to go in but I had to so I put Visine on my eyes. Popped a breath mint in my mouth and combed my hair in the wind to eliminate the odor and in I went. I approached the counter, really shiny glass and bright eyed people. I felt like everyone knew I was stoned which they didn’t. The girl asked “May I help you?” I said “I’m here to service your machines.” and thought “At least you said that right.”

“Come on in” she said. I walked around the counter and up to the door that led to the back. It was a split door and when I turned the knob only the bottom half opened. The top was locked inside so I bent down and went in. My ladder, tray and clipboard hit the sides and people were looking at me, the last thing I wanted.

So after I serviced the machines I made my ticket out back there so I could scoot quickly. I went back to the door holding all of my stuff and thought “I know, I’ll back out, that way my stuff won’t hit and make noise.”  I opened the door, bent over and began backing out. It worked perfect, I didn’t make a sound. I made my turn and felt my butt bump into something.

I shot a quick glance over my shoulder and a short, dark completed man had dropped something and he was bent over picking it up. Much to my horror I realized that I was bumping butts with a man, men don’t do this. I was very embarrassed and immediately jumped up, turned around and said loudly “Excuse me!” It was me! I had backed into a mirror and then excused myself to me. It was so ludicrous I was stunned.

I turned around and asked "You want to sign my ticket?"

Offline HOWELL

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2009, 08:53:59 PM »
Nice pic bullfrog.....
I do not love hendrix but yeah..I love all types of music..I go from hard metal to r&b..just like that music is a very important part in me..I feel empty if I just do not have any..and I usually try to make some my own life's soundtrack..

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2009, 09:55:32 PM »
Wow Joyce, I'm taking that as a compliment.

Offline Joyce

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2009, 04:35:05 AM »
It IS a compliment. :worship:
Never took illegal drugs, never wanted to, never needed to.
Probably was the only 'drugless' virgin who graduated in 1980.  lol
To this day, never did drugs except for what the doctor prescribed.
I understand animals just fine already.  8)
Ask my hubby, I'm always interpreting.  ;)
Drives him crazy because Gigi even looks over to me like, please tell daddy what I mean!  lol

The one thing I'd get in trouble for was reading 'til all hours.  :D

Oh, and rescuing wild animals. My dad was a veterinarian, after all.
(I'd nurse them back to health and release them) My friends all call me Dr. Doolittle.
If I got $5 for every phone call from my friends for advice/help with their pets,
I'd be rich! :)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Freddie Peepers

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2009, 06:58:01 AM »
very funny story Bullfrog
I remember those times too, walking into a public place
thinking everyone knew you were stoned.
Most of the time no one had a clue.
 Being a fellow deadhead I'm sure you and I would get along famously.
I prefer the music from that era over most of the new stuff
Didn't go to Woodstock,a little before my time.

Here's a story:
 Three of us went to an outdoor concert mid 70's
The line-up was Steppenwolf, Iron Butterfly, Rare Earth, The Guess Who, and..... Tommy James :o
The crowd was 90% bikers and there were drugs galore.
Since it was festival seating we got there early to get close to the stage

As soon as we got there my brother and I dropped acid
There was a HUGE biker sitting directly in front of us.
His t-shirt bore the sign "caution high on cocaine" and on the back it said "don't "F" with me.
The pot smoke cloud was enormous and we all were very high

When the dry mouth set in my friend broke out some bubble gum and we all tore into it.
While grooving to the music and dancing around, my gum flew out of my mouth.
 Never saw where it landed.
The first band was done and in between acts everyone sat down on the lawn.

Well some how that huge biker ended up sitting on my lost bubble gum.
The next band came out so we all stood up again. Thats when I saw where my gum had gone.
It was all over that bikers backside and thanks to the acid it appeared to be stretching from the ground
up to his back and waving in time with the music almost with a life of it's own. It was like he had a big pink tail

Thankfully the biker never even knew what was going on and probably too stoned to care anyway.
I'm not condoning the use of illegal drugs but it was something I did in my youth and have no regrets

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2009, 07:31:22 AM »
I can picture that bubble gum tail and on acid it had to have been hilarious. It's amazing we lived so long.

Offline Freddie Peepers

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2009, 07:33:25 AM »
I can picture that bubble gum tail and on acid it had to have been hilarious. It's amazing we lived so long.
Amen to that...must be good clean living

Offline jw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 22/02/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2009, 10:55:53 AM »

I was just thankful that I wasn't anywhere near her when she found out............she would'a slapped me upside the head or worse  :o. Later on in life I think she eventually thought it was kinda funny tho  {:-P;;

Offline jw

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2009, 10:58:47 AM »

I want to know if she lit up {:-P;;

Well she could'a used it some to mellow her out and who knows maybe she snuck down to the basement one night and gave it a try  lol

Offline jw

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2009, 11:05:22 AM »
Peepers that story was crazy funny and I can relate...............ah those were the good ole days  lol. Maybe what we did wasn't the right thing for us to be doing but it was part of our lives and we did have fun and I refuse to forget the good times we all had together  8).

Offline Freddie Peepers

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2009, 11:24:34 AM »
oh yeah
same concert;  when Tommy James took the stage all the bikers started to boo and throw stuff at him
He made it through 2 songs all the while beer cups and garbage was being thrown at him

"People I just want to play music for you"

"Get off the bleeping stage we want Steppenwolf"

He left amid a shower of beer cups and boo's and that was his show.

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2009, 11:58:55 AM »
Another trip. We were sitting around a kitchen table on some Clear Light and I had a small travel chessboard. Each piece had a peg on the bottom that fit into a small hole on the board so the pieces wouldn’t slide around in a moving car. Each piece also had a face carved on it. I’m not a large man and this big, tattooed biker wanted me to teach him how to play, he was also tripping.

We worked our way through the game and I was instructing him, all of our friends were engrossed in the game. Later in the game when the pieces were scattered around, I made a move that threatened his Queen and told him so. I said “You have to move her.” He got indignant and all swelled up, I was a smaller man and I was forcing him to retreat in front of our friends. The acid was really coming on and he took a tough stance as he stared at the board.

He said “You don’t know everything, there might be a way out of it!” I knew there wasn’t but let him study the board. Time stood still and seconds seemed like hours, the standoff was getting real tense and he was obviously getting mad. I in a very gentle voice put my finger on his rook, without realizing it I turned the rook to look his queen and said “Well your rook can’t stop it cause this pawns in the way,” I turned the pawn to face the queen. “Your knight can’t get there from here also, neither can your other knight.” One by one I went through each piece.

Before I knew it without actually realizing what I had done, each small piece was staring at his Queen just like everyone leaning over our shoulder watching this drama play out. I said, “Everybody’s waiting…” It was ludicrous seeing all of those small men looking at his queen and everyone broke into maniacal laughter except for him. He finally moved his queen. Unless a person has done LSD it is hard to fathom how intense a simple chess game can get.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 12:02:50 PM by Bullfrog »

Offline jw

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2009, 12:21:06 PM »
 lol lol lol wanting to have been there to see  @O@

Offline Freddie Peepers

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2009, 12:33:55 PM »
I'm enjoying this thread
 8)

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2009, 01:26:09 PM »
Well this was a close call. My buddy had a 63 Ford pickup truck that would die at every red light, we would really drive slow or fast to make the lights. We went and scored a pound of herb and had it on the floorboard in a brown paper bag. We caught a red light on fairly busy street and didn’t have to say a word, we knew the drill.

He got out and put his hand on the steering wheel getting ready to push and I ran to the tailgate grabbed it with both hands, leaned into it and got ready to push. Suddenly I was lit up with red rotating lights as the cops pulled up behind us (pound on the floorboard in plain sight) I didn’t move, I was in the proper position to be frisked anyway.

They ran up on either side of me and grabbed the tailgate and one shouted to my friend “Put it in second!” I’ll never forget those two pair of uniformed pants legs running beside me, pushing the truck. My friend popped the clutch and it coughed, sputtered and came to life. I turned and thanked them and jumped in the truck and said “Dude, whatever you do, don’t let it die!”

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2009, 02:05:11 PM »
A long, long time ago I stopped some guy for a traffic violation.  When I walk up to the car I notice he has a joint wedged between the top of his ear and his head.  The conversation went something similar to this....

Me  : "Got any dope in the car?"

Traffic violator   : "No sir.  I don't smoke that shit."

Me   : "What shit?"

Traffic violator   : "Weed man.  I don't smoke weed."

Me   : "Who said anything about weed?  Do you have any weed in the car?"

Traffic violator   : "No sir."

Me   : "Get out of the car." (He complies)  "Got any dope on you?"

Traffic violator   : "No sir.  I'm an athlete."

Me   : "Well friend, are you a cowboy that rolls your own or is that a doobie on your ear?" (I look and nod toward his ear)

Traffic violator   : (He reaches up with his hand and finds the joint) "Shit!"

Me   : "No, it can't be shit because you already told me that you are an athlete and you "don't smoke that shit"."
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline KatFish

• Members
  • With us since: 20/05/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2009, 06:55:25 PM »
 lol  lol  lol

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"