Author Topic: Bad Cat!  (Read 2643 times)

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Bad Cat!
« on: November 07, 2006, 12:41:07 PM »
Billy - being bad . . . again!

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Cat!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 12:52:12 PM »
Is Billy up in the ceiling?  If so, How?
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 01:03:34 PM »
Oh he IS a bad cat  {nono} but then a cat has to do what a cat has to do.  ;D

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 01:22:17 PM »
He's a bad boy al right. My nieghbour just got a cat and she's gets into her ceiling through a hole in her pantry. She up there all the time.

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 01:38:13 PM »
Were you under the panel when it fell? lol 
Bad kitty, very bad kitty!
Tammie

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 03:22:22 PM »
What a silly kid! (8:-) I've never had any cats that were interested in getting into places like that. Mine are far too interested in being lazy. (8:-)
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline Teresa

• Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 03:32:37 PM »
Yes, that is the panel that broke when he jumped on it and he and the ceiling tile fell first on my head then down to the floor and landed on poor Casey's head. 

How does he get up there you ask?  I'll tell you, but you won't believe it. 

He jumps up from the floor and catches his claws on the metal railings at the very edge of the ceiling on the wall - that's the only place the tiles don't cover the metal.  Then he holds on with his claws and pushes the tiles up with his fat head until he can pull himself up thru and into the ceiling.  Then he runs around up there for hours until he gets bored or until a tile breaks under him and he and the tile crash down to the floor.  They break under him because he's a very big (and very bad) cat who weighs a ton!!!

GAJen

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 03:35:55 PM »
OOOOO! >:(- I'd be ticked.

Offline Teresa

• Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 03:38:48 PM »
Yep, he's bad, but he's so darned cute!

Offline tracey_shafer

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 05:32:59 PM »
We need him in our ceiling in the basement. Sometimes you can here things slithering up there :(.

Offline Teresa

• Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 06:19:05 PM »
He'd love it for sure!!!  He's just wishing there was something alive up in that ceiling!!!  (Besides him, of course.)

Offline fishlipsmcgee

• Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 06:32:00 PM »
Awwww  he's adorable.   o(:-)  When I started doing design work at GM I worked midnights.  There was a racoon in the ceiling who always appeared over Sergio's desk when he removed the ceiling tile and the racoon peered down at everyone just like your kitty in the picture.  Everyone would bring leftovers from lunch back for him, Chinese, pizza, burgers; he ate everything.  Before we left each morning, we would replace the ceiling tile.  The day shift caught on and called an exterminator who set a trap in the ceiling.  Of course the guys would release him every night and he would enjoy his nightly feast.  He would just hang out with us every night.  He was very tame and friendly.  When our project ended we dispersed into different groups and worked days.  The building has since been remodeled so I don't know the fate of our little friend.  Looking at your pictures, Teresa I see our little buddy looking down at us.
Shot, beaten, starved, sold for medical research...
No wonder they run so fast.
Save a retired racing greyhound.

The Racing Life...One out of two will have NO LIFE after racing - Adopt a Retired Racing Greyhound

Offline Teresa

• Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2006, 06:43:47 PM »
Yeah, and half the neighbors also see a raccoon when they see this guy outside . . . . he's really big and his ears are really big and he has the right coloring. . . . he looks like a raccoon from a distance.  He's a mess . . . .

Offline terri

• Members
  • With us since: 22/10/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2006, 02:52:33 AM »
He is one cute kitty... and a big one too!
cute shots.

terri
1500 gallon pond. Most residents are 11 yrs old. Most are Koi, with one 9 yr old bullhead catfish. Residents took a trip of one hr to their new home. We all moved to this home just over a yr ago. They love their new digs!

Offline Cindi

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2006, 05:23:59 AM »
Yeah, and half the neighbors also see a raccoon when they see this guy outside . . . . he's really big and his ears are really big and he has the right coloring. . . . he looks like a raccoon from a distance.  He's a mess . . . .

Teresa do you know if he is part Maine Coon or not?  As soon as I saw him I thought he looked like he had Maine Coon in him.  I had a part Maine Coon cat and I miss him terribly!  He was so loving and such a good cat.  I have made up my mind that I'm getting another one.  Maine Coon's are known for being very large cats.
Cindi
Cedar Springs, MI , Zone 5

Offline Teresa

• Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2006, 05:33:45 AM »
Cindi - he came from the pound, but he is definitely part maine coon.  He's absolutely huge - a very big boy (posted a pic a week or so ago of my dd holding him and he's almost as big as her http://www.americanponders.com/forum/index.php?topic=752.0 ).  He also has that distinctively strange tinly little meow that they have - a very strange sound coming from such a big boy.  I thought he was part maine coon when we got him, but wasn't sure until I met my dad's purebred maine coon and heard her talk.  And big bad Billy talks a lot!!!  He's very loving and very lovable and really smart and creative - it's almost more like having a toddler in the house than having a pet.

But he can be trying too . . . .

Offline tracey_shafer

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2006, 10:02:26 AM »
You'll just need to get stronger ceiling tiles, he must be hunting!! lol

Offline Cindi

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 11:53:21 AM »
Teresa I don't know how I missed that thread with your daughter holding the cat!   :D  He IS huge!!   o(:-)  The one picture looks like he has some curls on his belly.  My maine coon had that too.  Just seeing these makes me want another one right now!  I want to rescue and I can't seem to find any maine coon's to rescue though.   :'( 
I just keep telling myself that good things come to those who wait. 
Cindi
Cedar Springs, MI , Zone 5

Offline Teresa

• Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 04:28:02 PM »
Yes, he does have curly belly fur - I did not know that was a maine coon trait.  I have never ever seen anything like it in my life. . . . it causes mats in his underarms.  His fur is so thick and so long that it makes him look even bigger than he is, and he is a very very big boy!  Those ceiling tiles are a foot across and you can see that his fat head goes more than halfway across . . . .

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"