Author Topic: What do you all do whenever.................  (Read 3019 times)

Offline HOWELL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 15/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
What do you all do whenever.................
« on: August 19, 2009, 09:32:43 PM »
you feel down and feel like nobody cares...and still think of the worst things about your own self.

And feel like there will not be any success in your life, things will not work out the way you planned them...or wanted them to be....
Scott I'll miss you buddy... :(

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
Re: What do you all do whenever.................
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 10:01:12 PM »
When you are young you get these feelings all the time.  It doesn't make it any easier to know that but maybe it will help.  What got me to old age was to just keep putting one foot in front of the other until the view changed.  It does always change pretty soon, you can count on that.   I have always believed in the saying, "fake it until it is real".  It means if you act like everything is going to work out, usually it will.  Odd but true. 

Chin up dude, you have a lot going for you and whatever is happening now will change soon and I promise that things will get better.  You just have to be ready for it when it happens. 

Offline HOWELL

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 10:05:29 PM »
Thanks Jonna I so appreciate a wise answear..it means a lot to me...

Offline -Greg-

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Casa de Gunkel
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 10:22:00 PM »
Howell, to add to what Jonna has said, not only be ready for when it happens, but when it happens you will least expect it! As one door closes, two more will open, that is not just a cliche', it happens daily to thousands of people. Every person that you meet everyday has something unique to offer, including yourself, be proud of the steps that you already taken in your life, they are an inspiration to someone, be aware of the mistakes that you have made, know that everyone has made mistakes, and be proud that you are smart enough to learn from them. Know that every night when you go to bed that when you wake up it is a new day, a new day that holds endless opportunities. You are special, no one can ever take that away from you! You can do anything that anyone else can do, better, just work harder at it. And lastly, a quote that hangs over my desk at work "winners are simply wiling to do what losers won't".

Take care, and hang in there!!

Greg

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 10:28:51 PM »
Greg said it beautifully!
Remember the bad things are a learning experience.  You will profit from that.
How can you know joy id you never had sadness?
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline HOWELL

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 10:45:41 PM »
Wow thanks greg...that was awesome and special..that made me remember something about friends too and..........There was once this phrase I know it will sound childish..but it was on a pokemon movie I watched a long time ago and it said something like...friends that you earn and with time disapear is because they have completed what they were supposed to, in the path of your life and if so you will never see them again be greatfull because you met them and you had them for at least quite sometime..I just thought at first (I was like 13 or so) that it was lame but with time I learned it just was not...some people have come to my life and as soon as they came they left and I believe that is because they did what they were supposed to..and what you said about the doors opening and closing reminded me of that..and as my grandpa said once and "if all the doors are closed look for the windows"...

And thanks to you jerry for reminding me that if there is no sadness there just can't be joy...

Thanks for sharing some of the awesome wisdom that you all have...

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 04:31:33 AM »
After what I've been through the past few years battling cancer...whenever I start feeling that way...
I realize things could be a LOT worse.  :o  And Jonna's right...a positive attitude WILL turn everything around.
Count your blessings, and remember....couldn't be that bad because you've got all of your friends at AP!  :hug:
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 06:28:47 AM »
It also helps to know a little about psychiatry.  The brain is made up of nerve impulses and chemicals, and sometimes these go awry.  I am basically a happy person, but sometimes I get hit by waves of pure depression, so strong they are almost tangible. 

I've come to understand it's just "wiring" in the brain, or chemicals that got mis adjusted, or some other temporary thing, that will, in time, right itself. 

Like Jonna said, you can "fake" a happy attitude, and get your brain to follow along.  Exercise also helps, because it creates endorphins, the "happy" harmones in our brain.  And just being outside in the sunlight, moving around, those all help, as do being around people and talking with friends.

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 08:04:15 AM »
As Jonna said, depression is common when you are young, you do have a lot going for yourself and realize that this will pass. One thing I learned is not to worry about something that might happen. If it doesn't happen, you worried for nothing and if it does happen, you worried twice (or more times) about it. You started with "You feel like nobody cares", we care Howell, things will get better.

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline HOWELL

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 08:36:31 AM »
Thanks Joyce it is so nice to know that I am accepted here..I love this family..
Julles, as soon as I feel bad I start exercising and that is what I did but it just seem it was not going away, the thing with me is that whenever I get depressed I start eating a lot of food does not matter what kind but I mean a lot.
Thanks bullfrog you are a really good man...and appreciate it so much..

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 08:43:46 AM »
A heavy sugar and starches diet is a known cause for depression and ADD/ADHD.
So eat better when you binge, and you'll feel better.  8)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline kitfoxdrvr

• Members
  • Authorized Self Portrait?
  • With us since: 11/03/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 09:26:56 AM »
Howell, we all go through this, even us old folks.  I once asked an elder how he could be so patient, and he told me the stupidest thing I could ever ask for is more patience.  Patience only comes from trial, and if you want more, you have to be put through trials.  Jerry said it one way, another is "There are no peaks without valleys".

Read the story/parable (no religious intent) of Job sometime, even if you have read it before...as Joyce points out, it can always get MUCH worse.  There are even worse things than a 6 foot hole with my name on it, IMHO!!!   ;D

Steve

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 09:33:56 AM »
I love what everyone above said.  Be strong Howell!  We didn't get where we are by sitting on the sidelines.  Give yourself a moment to think about what happened and plan on doing better.  It's all an up and down roller coaster.  Scary and fun all together.  This goes for anyone, me included!

Offline jw

• Members
  • With us since: 22/02/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 11:29:10 AM »
This is a great post you started Howell and gives each one of us wonderful idea's on how to deal w/ down days. Each person is different here and we each have our own ways of dealing with it. Exercise, diet, positive thinking and actions, strength, beliefs, and your good friends here who love your dearly...........you are a special person Howell and add delight to this forum  O0. Now chin up me bacho, (don't mind my spelling trying to say my friend) today is a new and exciting day and you've got a lot of living to do young fellow  @O@. I'm going to use all you people's advice too when I get to feeling down also  ;D.

Offline cricket67

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/05/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2009, 07:27:45 PM »
you feel down and feel like nobody cares...and still think of the worst things about your own self.

And feel like there will not be any success in your life, things will not work out the way you planned them...or wanted them to be....

Howell no one can make u feel better about yourself but u...we all can sit here and say u are a good guy..I'm sure in perosn u are...To me 21 and love ponding u are a great guy.... ;D....I wish my son was into ponding like u are....
The success u want in your life u will have it the way u want it...u have to work hard and study and in the long run it will all fall in place....U are young and its not going fast enough for u maybe...but one day u will be where u want hun...just hang in there...think positive....And we are here if u need a shoulder.....hugssss

Offline Amy

• Members
  • With us since: 31/05/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009, 08:27:27 PM »
Howell I promise you it will get better! In my early 20's I had a LOT going on! Bills, college and stress just to name a few, I had a neighbor and best friend who was in his 70's at the time. He assured me everyone goes through it, even his two grown children had. He assured me it is a phase everyone goes through where nothing makes sense, everything goes wrong and everything seems hopeless. At the time I wanted to believe him but of course found it hard. Now that I am 35 I know he was 100% right! Everything fell into place! I think there is some kind of curse on people in their early 20's or maybe it is a test, who knows! Just hang in there, I imagine everything seems crazy now but you will overcome!  O0 Be strong Howell!

Offline HOWELL

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2009, 10:11:44 PM »
Thanks to all of you..I just got back from frontenis practice and I was invited to eat pancakes at my friends house they were yummi...

I really feel a lot more appreaciate it now...I love each one of you and I just feel that we are just surrounded by a lot of lovely people....thanks to all of you..
I will take a lot of your phrases and posts and I will print it out so I will take it with me all the time and remember what I need to do whenever I just feel that way...

Offline Johns

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Garden Endeavors
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2009, 10:53:26 PM »
Howell,

If you feel down and want to feel better real quick, go do something for someone in worse straits than you.  Go by a local nursing home and volunteer to read to  someone blind, or anything else you may think of and I guarantee you will feel better immediatley

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2009, 05:04:12 AM »
What I did was PM someone on this forum and dump all my sadness on him. He PMed a very caring and sympathetic message back to me. Worked like a charm. LOL.

Offline HOWELL

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2009, 07:53:05 AM »
Johns I really think of them too..I am very considerate and hope I can go, help and volunteer at a nursing home.

Esther.....LOL

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2009, 08:55:36 AM »
When DH and I first got married there was a lady in her 80's living across the street.  She spent her days trying to help others.  Some appreciated it and others didn't.  She had a lot of wisdom and was willing to share. She had lived in this little community all her life.

She often told me not to wish my life away when I thought I had some little trouble.  Instead to count my many blessings one by one.  She spent hours a day writing letters of encouragement to missionaries.

She was the first person I ever knew that had waterlfilies and goldfish in a stocktank.  Hers was buried in the ground.  No pump or filter.

She has been gone 30 years and I still miss her.

Offline HOWELL

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2009, 10:02:08 AM »
SueSTx.
I am sure you do, she sounds like a really interesting person to meet...
I will miss her a lot too.
Good, honest, wise and respectful people are always remembered by others..

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"