Author Topic: A Very sad day!!!  (Read 4223 times)

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: A Very sad day!!!
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2009, 08:21:18 AM »
I am so happy you got a new puppy. I got Charlie my schnoodle after my sweet KC Chief who was 14 yrs old had to be put to sleep. Buddy my white schnauzer was so lonely. He loves Charlie so much they run and play all the time.

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2009, 06:42:11 PM »
I'm glad you got the new pup.  It's not like you're "replacing" one pet with another; each has its own distinct personality and needs, so they are not interchangeable.  It's just nice - no, it's RIGHT - to have pets in the home to love us.

Just forget what the friend said... it was a stupid slip that she would not have said if she had been thinking better. 

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2009, 09:48:48 PM »
The 'best friend' hasn't bothered speaking to Mikaela since her mean text. Her loss......On another note, the new pup is so good. He is housebroke which the rescue wasn't sure of, LOVES rides in the car (which is great because Mikaela took Joey everywhere possible with her and hoped to do the same with this one), he stays right by our side without a leash, he walks wonderfully on leash.....never pulls, he is just a great pup. He whines whenever Mikaela leaves him and he's only been hers for 2 days. What a great pup to find for her.
Thank you for all the kind thoughts everyone. We are totally enjoying this new guy.......would rather have had Joey much longer but since that wasn't to be we found a wonderful 1 for the next fur person in Mikaela's life.
zone 5b

Offline Darlene

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 08/08/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2009, 08:38:45 AM »
When I lost the dog I had for 15 years, I got a rescue dog (Manchester Terrier) soon after. I figured it would help me to hug a dog's neck while I was crying, and the attention would help the abandoned dog. I was right. I still miss my Toby and always will, and tear up when I think of him, but Tinker has won a place in my heart and I think I've won a place in hers, since she is happiest when right next to me.

I hope your new dog will provide many years of love.

Darlene
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 08:41:31 AM by Darlene »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"