Author Topic: A Very sad day!!!  (Read 4221 times)

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
A Very sad day!!!
« on: August 21, 2009, 08:55:40 AM »
The vet called about our cat who is there at her office. I posted another post about that yesterday. Unfortunately we need to have her sent to 'kitty heaven' today. She's not responding to meds and is getting weaker. She said she isn't eating at all so the best thing we can do for her is let her go.
Our daughter lives an hour away from us....is at college. I am at her place now because we did some fun things yesterday. She (daughter Mikaela) has a Boxer named Joey. I was fostering him last winter because his owner died. We all fell in love with him and Mikaela decided to keep him. I woke up to the call from the vet this morning about Dottie, the cat, I went over to Joey to see if he wanted to go outside and found him dead. OMG....my kid will end up losing both of her pets in the same day. We are heartbroken!! Joey was only 7 but (as many Boxers have) had a heart arrithmia. I'm assuming his heart just stopped. He was curled up next to Mikaela and apparently just went to sleep. He had a very happy day yesterday, we took him to many places with us, bought him a McD's hamburger, his favorite treat and had a great day together. We are very, very sad but at least I was here and we know he had a great last day and last several months of his life.
We are taking him home to my house and will bury him in our back yard.
Cath

zone 5b

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
Re: A Very sad day!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 09:40:08 AM »
I'm so sorry. So verry sorry.

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 10:38:42 AM »
Oh Cath, my heart is breaking for you and your daughter right now!   :'(
Greenwood, Indiana Zone 5-6
"umop ap!sdn w,I aw dlaH"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline fishlipsmcgee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 10:46:34 AM »
How sad.  I'm so, so sorry.   :'( :'( :'(
Shot, beaten, starved, sold for medical research...
No wonder they run so fast.
Save a retired racing greyhound.

The Racing Life...One out of two will have NO LIFE after racing - Adopt a Retired Racing Greyhound

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 11:21:27 AM »
Oh no Cath, how can this happen?  I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved babies.   :'(   May memories of them comfort you in the days ahead.   :hug:
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

Offline lorraine1960

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • Live--Love and pond :)
  • With us since: 18/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 11:23:13 AM »
 :'( :'( :'( SORRY............ :( :( :(
lorraine

Offline livetogarden

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 11:36:28 AM »
As if the day couldn't get any worse....we were heading back to Omaha so we could say good bye to dottie and snuggle her when she died but on the drive back the vet called saying she had started having seisures so the vet's tech held her and stroked her for us so she would feel loved while she drifted off. Are waiting for hubby and son to come dig their graves. It was a bad hour drive home.....us 2 gals riding along crying our heads off.  :'( :'( :'(
Thank you for all the loving thoughts. Hug your critters today for us. We still have our 2 dogs here and 2 cats, so at least we have cold noses to nuzzle us right now.
zone 5b

Offline jw

• Members
  • With us since: 22/02/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 12:43:53 PM »
I'm trying not to cry right now and it is really sad to hear this news  :'(. Glad Joey had a good day before he went to doggie heaven  :hug:

Offline KatFish

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 20/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2009, 12:59:29 PM »
I'm so sorry for you!   :hug:   :'(

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2009, 01:41:43 PM »
I'm sorry for you too.

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2009, 02:07:52 PM »
Sorry for your grief.

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2009, 02:14:19 PM »
So, so sorry.  :'(

What a blessing that you were with your daughter to help her through this.

Offline Jonna

• Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2009, 02:25:44 PM »
 :'(  :'(  :'(  I'm so sorry.  So much at once.  It is good you were with your daughter but oh, what a heartbreaking day.  All my sympathy. 

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2009, 03:17:04 PM »
I am so sorry. I know how you feel. We had to put our 16 yr old poodle and 14 yr old schnauzer to sleep last year. And this year our 14 yr old cat. I have saved another cat who got her back leg hurt this year. So now I have 2 cats and 2 dogs left. May you both find peace in knowing your babies had a good home.

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2009, 04:48:28 PM »
So sorry for both you and your daughter.  My teenage daughter just lost her cat (of 11 years) to breast cancer and I had hoped the little furry girl could hold on till the teenager went off to college in the fall, but now I'm not so sure that would have been a good thing.  Give your daughter extra hugs from those of us far away who are thinking of her now.

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2009, 05:23:41 PM »
I'm soo sorry...((huggs)) to you and your family...
Lawanna

Sir Walter Scott on a pet's life:
"I have sometimes thought of the final cause of pets having such short lives and I am quite satisfied that it is in compassion for the human race; for if we suffer so much in loving a pet after an acquaintance of 10 or 15 years, what would it be if they were to live double that time?"
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline Amy

• Members
  • With us since: 31/05/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2009, 06:22:43 PM »
I'm so sorry for your loses. Losing one member of your family is hard enough but 2? My thoughts are with you and your family. :'(

Offline tracey_shafer

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2009, 06:27:35 PM »
So very sorry.

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2009, 09:17:02 PM »
That seems like too much sadness to bear, all at once, Cath.  Our pets are so special.  I'm so sorry.

Offline livetogarden

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2009, 07:33:22 AM »
Thanks for all the kind posts everyone. We are SO sad  :( :(.......Mikaela and I have cried tons. We are driving to Missouri today to meet a Boxer in the Boxer rescue. Mikaela first thought she hurt too bad to get another soon but as yesterday went on she decided she would hurt worse coming home to an empty house and not having a fur body to snuggle up with, especially on days when she needs some extra love. My 20 yr. old son dug graves for Joey and Dottie yesterday, crying the entire time. Bless his heart...he's a softie also. Your prayers for finding just the right dog for her would certainly be appreciated. Also travel prayers as we drive to see this new guy, it's about 2 1/2 hours away and we are both a bit bonkers right now but determined to find the perfect new family member.
Cath
zone 5b

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2009, 07:45:37 AM »
What an awful thing to happen, I'm so sorry for you and your family.  Prayers to you and your family as you travel to find your new family member!!   :hug:
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2009, 08:33:15 AM »

:( :( :(

What a sad way to start the fall symester

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2009, 08:16:23 PM »
Oh soooo sorry, I know how you all feel, I've been there to often in the last few years  and will soon have to make the decison again as our 20 yr old cat is in failing health.  We do have a bond with our pets as they become like family members and their memories will live on with you.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2009, 08:40:40 PM »
Oh wow, so very sorry.  I don't know what to say other than sorry.  My heart goes out to you.

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline livetogarden

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2009, 12:12:40 PM »
We had a safe trip to Missouri and returned with the sweetest 10 month old male reverse brindle Boxer. He is adorable and good. He was signed over to a kill shelter by his owner rather than the guy paying to bail him out of the shelter. A boxer rescue saved him from there and he is now a member of our family. Mikaela is so thrilled...he will NOT replace Joey but will be a new road for Kaela. BTW....she received a text from her 'best friend' as we were driving to check this dog out. She told Mikaela that she is childish and needs to grow up for trying to replace Joey after only 1 day. Poor kid (our children will always be our kids...even when they're 26)  :), she was devastated over the loss of Joey and then received this mean text from her 'best friend'. I know some people feel you should wait before getting a new pet, but not everyone feels that way. I felt like turning around, driving back home and smacking the girl!!
Anyway...thanks for all the kind words and travel safety prayers.
Cath and Kaela
zone 5b

Offline jw

• Members
  • With us since: 22/02/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2009, 01:12:14 PM »
I'm so happy for you and Mikaela and the pup :). That was a very nice thing for you both to do in adopting that poor pup thrown away like a piece of garbage  :'(. That's not a very nice thing for a friend to say to someone who is already grieving for the loss of 2 pets  {nono}. The friend might end up grieving for the loss of Mikaela's friendship if she's not careful  :-\. My DD turns forty next month and she will always be my little girl  o(:-)

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2009, 01:28:51 PM »
Her best friend said....WHAT!!??  Since the BF isn't living through this horrible time of loss, she doesn't need to weigh in with her negative opinions, (and knowing myself the way I do, I'm sure I'd tell her so.)  I'm so glad that you and Mikaela have a new boxer child to help ease the pain of grief.  Joey wouldn't want another animal to miss out on a wonderful life with you I'm sure. 

My daughters will always be my babies, and their babies are mine too.... o(:-)  Babies don't have an age limit!  lol

LuAnn

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2009, 04:13:39 PM »
Cath, Mikaela,
  I'm so sorry for the loss of your furkids. :'( Nothing will ever replace them but giving your new pup a forever home is the best thing that can happen for all of you. Her friend is clueless and a bit heartless as well. That's not friendship. We just had a similar thing happen. We had to have our beloved Mags put down after a severely disabling stroke. My husband and my older Aussie were inconsolable. The depression was palpable. I found our Riley on Petfinders.com. He brought life and love back to our home just a week later. We went to Texas to meet and bring him home. Timing doesn't matter, giving and getting love does. Enjoy your new family member.  :hug:
Kay

Offline ladybug

• Members
  • i went sky diving this year, amazing!!
    • View Profile
    • ladybug's garden spot
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2009, 01:22:09 AM »
having just been through this very recently, my heart goes out to you now in your loss of your fur baby.  i am very sorry to hear about your loss.
ladybug
life is too short to be unhappy

zone 7b

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2009, 04:59:12 AM »
What a double tragedy, I'm so sorry for your loss!  And congrats on the new puppy. 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"