Author Topic: This was posted by the Administrator of the acting site I use. Well put!  (Read 989 times)

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
Bob posted this after some nasy rude posts.  All is fine now.

Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Play nice.   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Being pleasant requires less engergy, doesn't wrinkle the face, and cute little stray kittens will follow you home. Of course, you can kick the kitten same as kicking folks on the discussion board and it will go away.

It is also a good thing to ALWAYS keep in mind that there is a person on the other end of your comment. I doubt the conversation would be quite the same if you were person to person in a room or chatting socially. But then there are those who have never grapsed that the failure in human relationships comes from one's unwillingness to hear what another hears, see what another sees, or feel what passes through another's heart. It is instead always just about themselves. Human beings, the weakest species on earth yet the most harmful and destructive. Blech. But what gets me most is asswipes defending being an asswipe rather than even considering that they just might be wrong.

I know this woman who's an actress (with training and some credits). She can't get much in auditions, she can't get an agent, and she basically never books when she does get an audition. She doesn't understand why. It is easy. She carries a chip on her shoulder the size of the Rock of Gibralter and it comes through the moment she walks in the room and/or starts talking. She might as well stamp, "I'm trouble" on her forehead because with her lofty attitude, or rather, condescending attitude since she knows everything there is to know (in fact she even refers to herself as a genius), she sets off Risk Management alarms louder than a fire truck's horn.

In customer service there is this thing used by some whereby they place a small mirror by the phone or keyboard so they can see how they look when they start getting angry or worked up and thus lighten up. It would be nice if some around here would lighten up when communicating with others as well. It ain't hard. It's just plain common courtesy and being considerate of someone else for a change.

Bob
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Bullfrog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Good post Jerry.

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
 {-) Maybe we should hang mirrors next to our computers

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"